Retail Growth Workshop
June 23 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
About this event
Our expert panel will explore what growth opportunities, Brexit, the pandemic, and the continued digitisation of retail means for FMCG suppliers and brands. It will look at the changing business models, the rise of drop shipping, how companies have pivoted during the pandemic, and what trading strategies you may need in place not only to grow domestically but internationally.
- Andrew Norman: Managing Director at ShipStation International
- Robin Smith: CEO at VL OMNI
- Dan Conboy: Managing Director at Statement
- Common barriers to growth.
- Who has been doing it well over the past 12months?
- General shift in market trends over the pandemic.
- Customer acquisition strategies for growth.
- Trading strategies & how best to respond to customer demand.
- Globalising for growth, key considerations
- What technology do you need on board?
- Operational consideration
- The changing retail business models. What does the future look like?
- Andrew is responsible for global expansion within the Stamps family of companies in EMEA and ANZ, overseeing the sales and marketing go to market plans for the ShipStation and ShipEngine products. Andrew has held sales and marketing leadership roles in Europe, North America and Asia over the last 25 years in VC backed, high growth technology companies including Volo and MessageLabs (acquired by Symantec). He began his career at Gartner Group in London working with European technology companies before transferring to Silicon Valley, working with the major US hardware and software vendors.
- Dan Conboy – Having worked in eCommerce since 1999, Dan is the founder and Managing Director of Statement, one of Europe’s leading Shopify Plus agencies. Dan has worked with leading brands in fashion, health & wellness, FMCG, home and electronics to help them to diversify their retail strategies through direct to consumer initiatives. Statement is part of IDHL, one of the UK’s leading independent digital agency groups, with over 225 digital experts across 7 specialist agencies.
- Robin H. Smith – With over 25 years of experience in supply chain and data integration, Robin H. Smith is Co-Founder and CEO of VL OMNI, a serverless microservices iPaaS platform that is both elastic and scalable to the demands of scaling ecommerce and multichannel merchants. Robin has a BA from the University of Toronto and an MA in International Relations from Webster University, Vienna, Austria.